Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Song of the week


Except you are living in a remote cave somewhere, you know that the 2010 World Cup is going on right now! For the first time ever, the competition is being hosted in Africa – South Africa to be precise.
Music and sports have always been complimented each other so its no surprise that a slew of ‘Official World Cup’ songs have been released, but the one that stands out its the song of the week, Its SHAKIRA ft Freshly Ground’s "Waka Waka" time for Africa, I have played this song over and over on my phone and i-pod my lil i-pod says, played 113 times! na so i like ham reach o! i even heard it 1st time in a bar or club in abj last nite when i was out wit my cousins Chuchu and Kay, Omo see people singing and dancing to the song, i loved it! B4 i forget it was my uncles B.day yesterday, i had mad fun wit family and friends of the family! I know its coming late on my blog but happy B.DAY Uncle. CAPTAIN S.IBERAHIM wish you many more years to come! Back to the song, the song was originally written by a Cameroon band called Zangalewa. It appears Shakira reinterpreted the song without permission of the band, and after legal intervention by the band, an undisclosed deal was struck with Sony. What do u all think about the song! For me Shakira did a good job she nailed it! ITS TIME FOR AFRICA BABY!

No comments: